[mythtv-users] Converting a HD Tivo to myth box

Heath Roberts htroberts at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 22:11:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com>wrote:

> depends on what you think is inexpensive, low-power, etc.
>
> I run MythFE on an Apple TV that cost me $229 new. I think that's
> pretty inexpensive.

I agree that the AppleTV is a pretty inexpensive front-end. It's also quiet
and unobtrusive. But you probably had to do quite a bit of shoe-horning of
Myth to get it to fit into the 256M of memory the ATV has, and I don't think
that's trivial or well-supported in the current distribution.

--
Heath Roberts
htroberts at gmail.com