[mythtv-users] Sync 2 remote backends over VPN

robbinsck1 at gmail.com robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 21:35:09 UTC 2008

Hey all,  this probably isn't as technical as the cat thread...but here is my goal.

I have a myth setup (that rocks) and I've recently set my brother up with one as well.

I have an ip-cop secure VPN tunnel between our two houses so I can access all his resources with lan ip's securely and visa-versa.

Now, how would I sync both servers so that it shows identical "recorded programs" so basically they are mirrored in some respects. I know its not possible to mirror them in real-time because of network speed. My thoughts are some sort of user-job that runs at night and syncs that days recorded content. Some sort of import/export script.

Has anyone ventured down this road or have links to like information?

Kevin