[mythtv-users] Netflix box

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 16:26:49 UTC 2008

I was all set to order an Apple Tv when I ran across an article that
said Roku released the specs and full linux software for their $100
unit in July 08.  They claim hardware acceleration will support HD
video, and they have the linux code to interface with the hardware
acceleration.

This is sounds like the Holy Grail of cheap mythfrontends.  Extremely
cheap, a company that is open about the hardware specs, releases the
linux software for the unit, uses linux environment for the commercial
market.  What more could we want for $100?

However, since it obviously isn't going to simply be a recompile of
myth, does anyone know if there is a group that is working on it?  It
sounds like they even have a development kit STB225 available that is
very similar to the netflix player by roku
http://www.roku.com/netflixplayer/

Anyone have any info or anyone's blog of progress on this front?