[mythtv-users] archiving/organizing recordings within Myth

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:38:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:40 AM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> I have a hobby interest in a particular British car marque. I have been able
> to accumulate a few recordings, edited down to scenes featuring cars of the
> marque. Now I'd like to get them out of the way, but still be able to jump to
> them easily. They're over-cable SD recordings of between 1 and 10 minutes, so
> size isn't an issue - access from the Watch Recordings screen or somewhere
> close is my target. I don't want to share them, so I'd like to avoid
> transcoding them into another format - just leave them as MPGs.
>
> From reading the Wiki, it sorta looks like some combination of MythArchive to
> stuff them somewhere else and MythVideo to read them from there would be an
> alternative.
>
> I am using the Retro theme, if that matters.
>
> Or, is there is a way I can put these into their own category, like having a
> Program called "Old Car Shows" with an episode titled after each recording?

You can change the Title and Subtitle of the recordings.
It's somewhere under the info menu in watch recordings.
I'm guessing if you change the title it will list them under the new
title, but I've only ever changed the subtitles of recordings before
(when they were blank in the listings).

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.