[mythtv-users] Nuvexport and mencoder as a logo (DOG) stripper.....mainly UK users probably

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 11 23:21:08 UTC 2008

Hi All

For nuvexport up to version 0.21 I have done a (small) rewrite to
allow users to use the facilities of mencoder to strip dogs (logo's)
off programs.

It's not very subtle and needs a little manual hacking if the program
transmitted is in a different screen format (say 4:3 rather then 16:9)
but the logo gets removed and replaced with a fudge of the current on
screen colours in the logo area.

Anyone who's sick to the back teeth of ITV's particularly aggressive
logo's (and to a lesser extent BBC three's pink horror) and wants to
try it please let me know on list and I'll E-Mail it to you.

Just so you know mencoder converts to an xvid in one pass and usually
takes less space the a comparative ffmpeg compress.  It usually takes
about 10% more time then ffmpeg for the same file convert with the
logo strip.

Just to put your mind at rest it's a simple script so you can read it
to make sure it's not doing anything untoward.

Regards