[mythtv-users] Duplicate entries created

Josef joeprusa at volny.cz
Thu Sep 11 19:22:33 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am having some strange problems with manual recordings in MythTV
(0.21.20080304-1 18207 - the one in Ubuntu Hardy) with DVB-T & transmitted
EIT. When I create regular manual recordings - say Every day from 18:45 to
19:00, duplicate records are sometimes created in the MythTV DB. Not
recordings - the file is there only once - just duplicate records. when I
delete one of them the other one gets deleted too.
This used to work just fine with 0.20 + fixes.

Plus - there might be a related problem:

when I schedule a regular manual recording - say Every week Saturday from 6:00
to 9:00 (I want to record the whole block regardless of actual programs) it
sometimes records the first program from EIT as well - if it starts at the
same time as my manual recording. Combined with the previous problem I can
have some 4 records in the DB instead of one.

I tested this on two different PCs with two different DVB-T cards and with two
diffrent distros (Mythbuntu and MythDora),  same behaviour every time.

Anybody had similar experience?

Thanks

Josef