[mythtv-users] Problem to connect to remote backend

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 15:53:27 UTC 2008

On 11/09/2008, Ole Jørgen Legård <ole at legaard.net> wrote:

>  The backend reports "Unknown socket closing", and the frontend freezes. The
>  frontend GUI does not appear until I stop the backend (Ctrl + C).
>
>  My first problem was that port 3306 (mySQL) in my firewall was closed. After
>  I opened it I managed to remotely log in to my database, but the same
>  problem persists for MythTV.
>
>  I have changed the IP addresses in mythtv-setup to the IP address of my FC9
>  PC (not 127.0.0.1 anymore).
>
>  Can anyone please give me some pointers on what could be wrong?

Still looks like your frontend cannot communicate with the MySQL
server. Can you successfully:

# mysql -h 192.168.1.101 -u mythtv mythconverg -p

(assuming the MySQL server is the same IP as your master backend).

Have you granted access for remote machines to the mythconverg database?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/