[mythtv-users] Confusion about DVB vs Analog

RR itsaboutprogress at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 19:36:22 UTC 2008

First I would like to thank those developers who created this great
product.

I can get my system to work fine on analog but ive heard i should be
using dvb and am hoping the picture actually looks better if i do
this. Analog doesnt have that great of picture quality. I am using a
coax cable off the wall jack provided by my local cable provider. I
was tinkering around with dvb, made sure modprobe was loading it and
then proceeded to play with the various settings for the card and
input sources. I managed to get the channel scan to find channels but
it cannot lock on any of them, It just tunes to the channel, gives the
title and tells me i couldnt get a lock.

I can however use xawtv but i do not get any sound.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks
Ryan