[mythtv-users] DTV: It Has Begun

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Sep 9 18:29:10 UTC 2008

jedi wrote:
>     What irks me is that PBS seems to have so much trouble while
> it's clearly not a problem for the excessive number of religious
> channels in my area or the spanish channels.
>
>     The spanish and religious channels came in with the most
> primitive rabbit ears and franken-tennas made out of coat
> hangers hung layed on a table on the ground floor. PBS nearly
> needs an outdoor monster.

I have the same problem.  I can get Ion and a religious station, but
none of the major networks.

I think the problem is I'm about 30 miles away from Seattle, and all the
major networks who have money to spend stick their transmitters close to
the city.  I can only get the stations that couldn't afford a good location.

Ever listened to the shortwave bands?  They've been completely taken
over by religious broadcasters.  The stronger the signal, the more
likely it is to be a religious broadcast. ;)