[mythtv-users] Audio issue when changing channels on live TV with PVR-500

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Tue Sep 9 13:55:23 UTC 2008

On 08/09/2008, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:
> I have an interesting issue with my master backend server that is running
>  fedora core 8 version 2.6.25.14-69.fc8.  When I have the ivtv kernel
>  module installed (which I need for fedora to recognize the pvr-500) I have
>  an issue with static for the audio when listening to live tv.  I am using
>  the tuner input on the PVR-500.
>
>  The interesting issue is that when I go into live tv everything is clear
>  but when I go to switch channels all I get is static for the audio until I
>  back out of live tv and come back in.  The video is clear.  This happens
>  every time I change channels.  There is nothing interesting in the logs
>  that I can find.  If I remove ivtv and only use the two PVR-150's that are
>  on my slave backend everything is fine.  No problems with static when
>  changing channels on live tv.

The ivtv-users list is usually a very good source of relevant help:

If your old ivtv package is still available in your yum cache, you
could downgrade to it, but that might also mean moving to an earlier
kernel. The ivtv driver itself is in kernels 2.6.22+, so recent ivtv
packages contain additional helper modules.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/