[mythtv-users] How does MythMusic read ID3 tags??

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Sep 9 13:46:46 UTC 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 6:38 AM, James Oltman wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Roald <roalda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps your discs need to be named "The Wall (disc 1)" and "The
> Wall (disc 1)"?
>
> Of course i meant "The Wall (disc 2)"
>
> --
> Roald Martin Amundsen
>

> Roald,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  Changing the name would be a way for it to
> work in Myth, but I also use Songbird or Amarok to play the same
> music on other machines.  I think that would affect the cover
> grabber.  Wouldn't it?  I was thinking that last night as well, but
> I didn't know if there was a feature where I could tell Myth to use
> ID3 tags.  I know there is an "Ignore ID3" tags, but that is not
> enabled.  It seems like Myth doesn't listen to all the properties of
> the ID3 tag.  Am I wrong?

The tag is there correctly. The problem is that MythMusic was never
programmed to take the the disc number into account when playing back
tracks. You can choose to:
a. Work around it by renaming the album after you grabbed the album art
b. ignore the lack of this feature
c. submit a patch to implement this feature
d. wait for it to bother someone else enough to submit a patch to
implement the feature