[mythtv-users] Enabiling OpenGL vertical sync

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 05:58:18 UTC 2008

2008/9/9 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> 2008/9/9 Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com>:
>> This sounds more like a refresh rate issue. Are you playing back
>> PAL/50Hz material on a display setup at 60Hz?
>
> Yes...
>
> The Sony only accepts a 60Hz input (at least that's what the manual
> states and what X reports too), and in Australia all TV contents are
> 50Hz

That's almost certainly your problem - the effect is not obvious but,
as you say, irritating when you notice it.

Is this over dvi-d or dvi-a? and is it going into a dvi port on the tv
or hdmi (via adapter). I'd be very surprised if your tv doesn't accept
50hz setups - but you probably need to input via hdmi. (and if it
doesn't, I'm going to seriously reconsider buying the 46'' Sony i've
been looking at!)

> Ok, should I just give up then trying to get OpenGL to work then?
>
> Or at least OpenGL vertical sync ?
>
> The processor is never more than 40% busy , yet the picture is far
> from picture ...

The intel driver should (I think) work out of the box with the dri
vsync (no need to setup, just turn off opengl vsync).

Cheers

Mark