[mythtv-users] DTV: It Has Begun

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Sep 9 04:24:13 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> I haven't seen any.  Portable radios that could tune the audio portion
>>> of VHF TV stations used to be a good standby source of information
>>> during natural disasters, too, and those will no longer work.
>>>

> But, it would be very easy to create a receiver that ignores all video
> streams and simply plays the audio streams.

It would be easy, but the cost would probably be prohibitive.  Heck, the
digital "HD radio" receivers are still pretty expensive, and they've
been around for a while.  I thought about getting one last time I
upgraded my car stereo, but I couldn't justify the extra $100 to move up
to a model that had it.