[mythtv-users] DTV: It Has Begun

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:49:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> Now lets all wait and see if the "public safety enhancements", touted as
> a major reason for this switch, materialize. Anyone want to place bets?

This is the part I don't get, because a big part of public safety is
being able to get information when the power goes out.  Are there any
OTA digital portable TVs?  I know there are plenty of USB tuners, but
I'm talking about something much more simple than watching TV on a
laptop.  The five-button TV (power, volume, channel).

Are OTA HDTV cellphones gonna make it here soon?  I know DVB-T is
different from ATSC, and that that apparently has something to do with
it; but I don't know more.

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 at gmail.com