[mythtv-users] Home media system

peter nikolic p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 7 09:56:33 UTC 2008

On Sunday 07 September 2008, Brian Wood wrote:
> Mike Dent wrote:

> > Yeah, 300gb is way over the top if its dedicated myth box only. I'd
> > expect an 80gb disk would be plenty for system.

Ok  more than likley 100Gb drive they seem easy to get round here
and Reiserfs for the OS  i have been using reiserfs for years and never had
any major problems all errors have been down to faulty hardware

> Actually 40gb is overkill, but you'd be hard put to find one today, or
> even an 80.

What file system for the data drive  please do not say ext of any breed that
is a total none starter (caused me way too many problems even on  recent new
installs and new hardware)

> As for the DVD drives, I'd think you would want those to be on the
> frontends, where the viewer can access them, and nobody I know can watch
> more than 1 DVD at a time, so I'd stick with the single drives.
>
> Or, assuming you live where it is legal, you could rip the DVDs and
> store the data along with the recordings.
Hummm  yes it may well wind up a bit of both is the best plan

Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)