[mythtv-users] MythGallery, incorrect image aspect ratio

Timothee Groleau kde at timotheegroleau.com
Sat Sep 6 07:06:34 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I just installed mythtv 0.21 on gentoo on my acer aspire to connect to a
shinco 32" LCD TV. Im actually not using the TV capability of MythTV but I am
interested in all the plugins, in particular mythGallery.

It's working fine so far, including opengl transitions (ati drivers) BUT my
3:2 images are squashed horizontally to fit into a 4:3 rectangle. How can I
fix this?

For some background on my setup; I struggled a bit to get the display I
wanted. I obviously wanted full screen on my LCD TV (1366x768). However for
some weird reason, the TV seems unable to accept that resolution as input.
Anyway long story short, my setup is now like this:

X resolution: 1280x1024.
This fits on the TV screen by having some unused margins on left right and the
bottom of the resolution being cut away.

mythTV GUI is fitted to 1280x768 at (0,0), it looks perfect. MythGallery
correctly shows images within the GUI area, just with a wrong aspect ratio.

Thanks in advance for any help on this, let me know what other info I could
send.

Tim.