[mythtv-users] Output from the Hauppauge HD-PVR?

Richard Woelk richardwoelk at yahoo.ca
Sat Sep 6 05:25:01 UTC 2008

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org> says:
>
>> Spot on.  Just updated to revision 18213 from fixes, and compiled
>> with libfaac and libfaad.. tried to play back the sample
>> again... BOOM!  92 Megs of logs in 2 minutes of "Audio buffer
>> overflow" and "frame decoding failed" messages... no more internal
>> player for that clip... ;(
>>

> I get the same results when I try to play with 0.21-fixes the various
> HD DVR sample clips that have been posted on the list recently. I
> thought your message meant that I should not --enable-libfaac at all,
> but solely --enable-libfaad, but no change; mythfrontend still dies
> quickly.

I also have a Athlon 64 X2 4400+ but its overclocked to 2530MHz so its
more like a 4900+ now.
I have been recording and playing back HD-PVR content at 720p for about
a week, and I have been impressed.

my recording bitrate is 9500 - 17200 for 720p. I tried a few recordings
at the max bitrate, but it stuttered with any kind of motion.

I am running trunk 18253,
I did find that I had to get the faad2 and devel package from livna or
else I would get ADTS errors spammed in the frontend log followed by a
hang.

- Richard