[mythtv-users] Newbie - Problem with secondary PC

Greg Hermsen g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 02:17:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

I had a number of problems (error messages and setup failing) in my
initial setup, so I began to alternate between localhost and a static IP
with each attempt at the installation.  Eventually I got the install to
work, but now I have a static ip in the backend and localhost in my
MySQL database.

I tried mythweb, vnc and connecting via upnp in Windows XP.  I was not
able to connect regardless of how I tried.

Is localhost in MySQL the problem?  If so, how do I change that?

Thanks for your help.
Greg