[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 8.04 and HDHR owner willing to run a short test?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 22:56:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

> Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> says:
> > If you get a "0", like I do, then I know it is a mythbuntu 8.04 bug.
>
> [...]
>
> > Note.  I get a "1" in live TV and can play KQED in live TV so it
> > would seem that it is not a HDHR problem.
>
> Live TV is is simply, behind the scenes, a recording that is
> automagically scheduled and descheduled as needed.
>
> It's likely that, with the Quick Tune workaround being used, what
> you're experiencing is due to something else. For example, I can't
> pull up KQED right now because my HDHomeRun won't lock onto the signal
> (high ss, but zero seq). That's due to the vagaries of OTA reception,
> though; at night it will be much better. In other words, I'm getting
> zero-byte recordings (the classic result of an OTA signal that's not
> locked in) instead of complete recordings that can't be played back
> without weirding out mythfrontend as the bug you and I have
> experienced causes.
>
> I suggest that you try both Live TV and scheduled recordings from KQED
> *at the same time of the day*. If you *consistently* get watchable
> recordings from Live TV but buggy recordings from KQED then yes,
> there's something to the notion of a bug within Mythbuntu.
>
> --
> Frontend:               P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
> Backend:                Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6
> Video inputs:           Four high-definition over FireWire/OTA
> Accessories:            47" 1080p LCD, 5.1 digital, and MX-600

I have 99% signal strength and at the same time of day, Live TV is fine but
KQED recorded will not play.
I should have mentioned that this is an OTA issue.

I am guessing that Mythbuntu is not setting the quick tune bit when it
should when recording even if the setting is "Always"

I just need someone else to confirm it.

Allen