[mythtv-users] How to "Apply" an Edit in editing mode

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 5 22:37:19 UTC 2008

On 09/05/2008 06:08 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> I hit X and it sends me back to Watch Recordings from where I had played the recording. When I go back into the recording in question and hit E for edit mode, it says it's being edited and I can select continue editing or do not edit.
>>>
>> I'm suggesting:
>> <edit your cutlist>
>> Esc
>> x (while in playback mode)
> Okay, so now when I play the recording it jumps to that position and the
> cuts are fine, how do I actually trim the file itself so that the cuts are
> removed?

If you're saying you did as I recommend and when you hit x during
playback it does not say "Transcoding" on the on-screen display and it
does not transcode, I would guess there's an error message in your log
file--probably the frontend log file--saying why.  My guess, you're
using a remote frontend and the file is not available locally (i.e. you
need to NFS-mount the backend storage on the frontend).

Mike