[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 8.04 and HDHR owner willing to run a short test?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Fri Sep 5 16:44:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:37:09 -0700, Allen Edwards wrote
> I cannot watch KQED and it seems there is no one in the SF area to run a
> test for me so I found a more general test.  Can someone help me isolate
> this problem?
> This works with other distributions but I would like to know if other
> Mythbuntu 8.04-HDHR users have the problem or not.
>
> 1) Set myth backend setup connections so that the HDHR is set to Quick Tune
> "Always"  Do this for both channels.
> 2) Record a show.
> 3) Run this command: "hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program"  while
> the show is being recorded.
> 4) Note the output.
>
> If you get a "0", like I do, then I know it is a mythbuntu 8.04 bug.  If you
> get a non-zero, then it is something in my setup.
>
> Note.  I get a "1" in live TV and can play KQED in live TV so it would seem
> that it is not a HDHR problem.  I cannot playback a KQED recording in mythtv
> although I can play it in mplayer.  Silicon Dust says it is a mythtv bug in
> reading the header and that setting quick tune is a work around.  But a work
> around that isn't working for me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Allen

this is plain ubuntu with mythtv built from source and a qam stream from comcast
but when I record kqed:

mpc:heistand% hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/status
ch=qam256:561000000 lock=qam256 ss=100 snq=99 seq=100 bps=38813728 pps=1374
mpc:heistand% hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program
0

but it records just fine. but then my setup may not apply :)

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org