[mythtv-users] Invalid search key in recordid "xxx"

David Scammell davescammell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 11:01:08 UTC 2008

2008/8/8 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

> On 08/07/2008 11:56 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> > On 07/08/2008, Ray Whiteman wrote:
> >
> >>  I have a regular re-occurring message "Invalid search key in recorded
> >>  206" which pops up in my backed logs. It looks like a mythconverg
> >>  related error to me, anyone seen this before? A brisk google didn't
> >>  unearth anything other than a lot of common log hits.
> >>
> > One of your recording schedules (recordid = 206) has an issue and the
> > scheduler is letting you know.
> >
> > Using MythWeb, choose the Recording Schedules page, and find the
> > schedule with recordid 206 by looking at the end of the URL as you
> > hover over the title. Update or recreate the rule, and the problem
> > should go away.
>
> Nice answer, Nick--and (very appropriately) doesn't even suggest manual
> DB editing.
>
> Mike

There seems to be a bug in mythweb custom recording schedule code
which doesn't  appear to populate the description field of the record
table. This causes this problem here. This is UK dvb-t reception using
the rt grabber and EIT.  Current ubuntu hardy heron version of myth:

mythweb 0.21.0+fixes16838-0ubuntu2
mythtv-backend 0.21.0+fixes16838-0ubuntu3

To work around this problem, I've been updating the description field
with the 'title' using phpmyadmin.

regards
dave (on behalf of a friend)