[mythtv-users] MS MCE remote vs Hauppage Nova T remote (or other?)

Pierre Hilson zorglups.mailing at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 07:28:58 UTC 2008

I bought 2 Hauppauge boards and got with them a remote.
I had to test them and it was quite a painful experience. I find the remote
cheap and my setup was not well receiving the repeated keys (like when you
keep the volume_down button pressed to decrease a lot the volume (usually
you want it fast)).

I the looked after a standard IR receiver. My constraint was that I wanted
this plugged on the USB port. I couldn't find one easily here in Belgium.

I went for an MCE remote. Mine is the Pinnacle PCTV Remote Kit for Windows
Vista.
It is cheap, comes with an IR blaster. It is USB. I had to compile a few
things to install it but I can post the method if anyone needs it.

I really like this remote, the receiver and the blaster.
It does not feel cheap (at least better than the Hauppauge) and works like a
charm.

Best regards,

Pierre.