[mythtv-users] Anyone in SF area have HDHR and Mythbuntu?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 00:03:07 UTC 2008

I have been in contact with Silicon Dust and they assure me that the HDHR
works fine with KQED and MythTV if the HDHR setup is set to Quick Tune =
Always.  I configured this but it doesn't work (no quicktune).
I would like someone to verify this with a setup similar to mine before I
rip the thing apart.

Do this:

Set your backend up with Quick tune.
Record KQED 9.1 on a HDHR (tuner 0)
While it is recording issue this command:
$ hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program

I get a "0", which means that quick tune is off.  But Quicktune is set to
Always on both tuners.

Here is that Silcicon Dust said:

"What it comes down to is actually a bug in MythTV that has nothing to do
with the HDHomeRun itself -- mythtv simply can't parse the KQED PMT because
of it's length. Enabling quick Tuning is a work around that has the side
effect of creating a much simpler PMT that MythTV can parse.

We have confirmed that mythtv 0.21.0+fixes16838-0ubuntu3, which is included
with the latest ubuntu/mythbuntu updates works correctly with KQED when
Quick Tuning is enabled. Please make sure you reset mythbackend after making
changes in mythtv-setup, and if you have multiple HDHomeRun devices on the
network you will need to use the full device ID -- you can only use FFFFFFFF
if there's only one HDHomeRun."

Allen