[mythtv-users] Autosave position in recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 4 20:47:38 UTC 2008

On 09/04/2008 04:33 PM, Mike LaPlante wrote:
> Gunnar Strand wrote:
>
>> I would like to have the position automatically saved in the recording
>> when I press Escape to leave it. Now I have to first press Space and
>> then Escape. And when I do that next time, the position will be cleared.
>> This is beginning to be a minor irritation as I more or less always have
>> to wind the recording when I restart watching. Does anybody know if
>> there's a setting to have the position automatically saved when leaving
>> the recording?
> Somewhere in the Playback Settings there is an option to set "Save on
> Exit". Not in front of my system to find exactly where. Just poke around
> under Playback.

Action on playback exit
 - Just exit
 - Save position and exit
 - Always prompt (excluding Live TV)
 - Always prompt (including Live TV)
 - Prompt for Live TV only
If set to prompt, a menu will be displayed when you exit playback mode.
The options available will allow you to save your position, delete the
recording, or continue watching.

in frontend settings under TV Playback.

Mike