[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Channel Scan Issue

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Sep 4 17:37:13 UTC 2008

Ryan Belcher wrote:
>> On Mon, September 1, 2008 2:23 pm, Steve Heistand wrote:
>>
>>> Ryan Belcher <ryanb at packetpub.net>, said on Mon Sep 01, 2008 [02:14:49
>>> PM]:
>>> } Hi All,
>>> }
>>> } I've seen lots of Google results regarding channel scanning issues with
>>> } the HDHR and MythTv.  I recently got a HDHR and I'm running into the
>>> } problem full force when connected to my cable provider (Charter Atlanta
>>> } -- Gwinnett county).  I've tried increasing the scan timeouts (up to 45
>>> } seconds) and there's only one channel that gets the right
>>> } identification, on and off, out of about 47 channels it detects as being
>>> } non-encrypted.  Otherwise, it marks the channels as "91#[stream number]"
>>> } (ex. 91#33).  These channels start at 91#4 and go up to 91#51
>>> sequentially.

If you are scanning these channels in myth, myth will probably choke on
them. 47 streams on one channel is almost guaranteed to be FM audio
broadcasts: radio and private stream music. I doubt these have PAT or
PMT data and so no information.

Of course the hdhr recognizes and lists these streams but with no
furtherinformation. Have you checked with Charter about the streams you
should get?

Geoff