[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome always starts mythfrontend on boot.

James Skimming James.Skimming at portraitsoftware.com
Thu Sep 4 17:34:12 UTC 2008

Hi Chris

I've been using Mythwelcome for almost a year, I've not had your
problem, so I'm afraid I've never had to debug this particular issue.

I've noticed though, from the Mythwelcome log, the entry "mythshutdown
--startup returned: 0" when the machine starts automatically, (it's 1
when started manually).

If you're going to debug this, I'd suggest to start looking here first.

How much earlier than the begging of the recording are you waking up
your system? My system is configured to start recording 1 minute before
the scheduled time (some programs do start early) and to wake up 4
minutes before the recording.

The reason I've asked about your timings, is because I've noticed if I
manually restart about 10 minutes before a recording, mythwelcome
doesn't start the frontend, so I presume "mythshutdown --startup" uses
timings to demine how the system was started.

Hope this helps.

Jim.