[mythtv-users] Analog Cable Channel Blacked Out?

William N. Powell billpwl1 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 4 15:38:41 UTC 2008

John,
Comcast here in the Baltimore-DC Area pulled all of the analog
broadcasts of the DC Network stations and substituted standard
definition encrypted digital feeds instead. So all of our NTSC TVs and
tuner cards and digital TV's without cable boxen suddenly went black on
those channels.  The HDTV with Cable box continued just fine.

Then on the 23rd of August, they completely changed the entire channel
lineup.  We now have quite a number of unencrypted digital feeds in the
lower 130 channels that we can get with a digital TV without a cable box.

Thought that might esplain the problem that you saw.

I am now trying to get the digital tuner card working with the new cable
lineup as well as getting the schedule purged of the old channel lineup.

Bill