[mythtv-users] Cannot get wakeup working

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Sep 4 01:23:15 UTC 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Guenther Sohler wrote:

> When the machine starts, it goes to mythfrontend.
> Is mythwelcome needed at startup ?
> How can I switch to mythwelcome  at startup ?

I don't know. How are you starting mythfrontend when the machine
starts? Instead of that, change it to mythwelcome. (This depends on
your distribution or if you let your distribution set things up for
you, etc.)

>> You are using Mythwelcome? no
> You did correctly tell Mythwelcome where to
>> find your script?  yes
>
> You are not running the frontend when you expect it
>> to shut down?
> I shut down by the menu in mythfrontend

In order for the script to run, you must be running mythwelcome and
not mythfrontend. I can't tell if that's what you're doing. Only then
will mythwelcome poll the backend to see if it can shutdown and
execute your shutdown script when the backend says it's ok.

This is all in the wiki page that someone else pointed you to.

-Brad