[mythtv-users] Prb with HD3000 HDTV and Comcast cable

Jim Marshall jim_marshall2268 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 17:41:43 UTC 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Sam Logen <starz909 at yahoo.com>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Cc: jim_marshall2268 at yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 5:05:16 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Prb with HD3000 HDTV and Comcast cable

>I've also been having this problem with a Dvico HDTV card and Comcast cable.  Generally, where do you live?  Because the cable signal can be
>different in different locations.  My local Comcast signal is digital broadcast with IRC freq.  I had to call Comcast for that information.
>
>Also, how many splitters are you using from the source to your card?  I've found that I get more reliable signal locks if I keep the signal at its highest.
>Try plugging a cable straight from the signal source to the HD3000 card, and see if the channels improve.
>
>Sam

I am in Billerica. Good point about the splitters, I hadn't thought of that. I do have several splitters, Myth shows the signal at 80% but connecting direct without splitters is worth a try.

If comcast is using IRC, should I use the IRC option in the cable selection?  Would that make a difference?

Thanks