[mythtv-users] Navigating the hardware mine field

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Sep 2 19:48:03 UTC 2008

Joe Henley wrote:
> You should check out the MiniMyth site, minimyth.org.  There is a very
> good set of forums there, moderated by the guy who created and maintains
> MiniMyth.  You can see exactly what's up with CN700 support from there.
>   I think you'll find that Pablo, the guy who runs it, is very helpful
> and _extremely_ knowledgable.

Yeah, I've just found a posting from Pablo saying that CN700 should be
fine for SD, plus the other chips on the board I was thinking of buying.
That posting was 4 years ago too!! so I'm guessing that support is
likely to be better now. I've asked Pablo for confirmation of that, and
if I get reply back then I reckon I'm good to go.

> I suspect you'll find the Intel mobo's no harder to work with.  For
> sure, you'll find getting (the inevitable) problems fixed to be much easier.

I'd like to go for Intel, with all the good things I'm hearing here, but
Is there a fanless itx-sized option going that route? Quiet is the main
concern. I suppose I'd settle for a bigger case if the playback
performance made it worth it.