[mythtv-users] Motherboards: help me understand my choices

Sixten Otto himself+myth at sfko.com
Tue Sep 2 19:02:42 UTC 2008

After doing some more reading on the Intel options (after such vocal
support for their stuff), it sounds like the G45 boards would pretty
much exactly fill the niche I'm looking for, such as the ASUS P5Q-EM.

The biggest issue I've seen seems to be their comparative novelty.
They haven't been out long, and there aren't that many choices yet
(and none < $100). Until 8.10 lands, the graphics support won't really
be there in the official packages; I'd have to compile all of that
myself (which doesn't sound like much fun). On the other hand, I can't
see myself pulling the trigger on buying this stuff for another month,
anyway.

Does anyone have experience with that chipset yet, or have strong
reasons why I'd want to stick to something older (like the G31, or P35
+ discrete graphics)?

Sixten