[mythtv-users] Navigating the hardware mine field

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Sep 2 11:38:58 UTC 2008

I'm wishing to build a MythTV frontend. Minimyth is looking like a very
simple option if I can just work out which mobos are supported.

I'm hoping for:

ITX
fanless
diskless
SD only
TV out (S-VIDEO will do)
Smooth operation

I'm NOT bothered at the moment about:

HD
3D Visualisation

I was thinking of buying a J7F2WE1G2E, but I can't tell from any info
I've found so far whether CN700 is supported (just for SD). Can anyone
help either with advice on this board or a suggestion for another?...
Or a different dedicated MythTv distribution.

I was also looking for component out, but I'm pretty sure that's not an
easy option at the moment, so I'm contenting myself with S-Video. Would
also be nice to pick a board that may one day handle HD as Minimyst
develops, but that's not important. I mainly want something that works.

Cheers,
	Paul.