[mythtv-users] How to remove reference to deleted recording (the file)?

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 04:08:22 UTC 2008

On 8/31/08, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2008, at 5:17 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>
> > Hi

> >> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
> >
> > Hum... I ran that script but this isn't doing what I'm after.
> > It *added* recordings that weren't in the database but existing in the
> > recordings directory.
> >
> > What I want to do is *remove* from the database recordings that do not
> > exist in the recordings directory.
>
> This is the script you really want:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Myth.find_orphans.pl
>
> But the better way is to delete them from the frontend. Always better
> to use the GUI tool than a script to modify the DB... just in case. :)
>
> -Brad

Another way without running any scripts is to "touch <filename>" on
each of the files to create it, then delete from the frontend as
usual.  The filename might be most easily obtained from Mythweb.

And agreed, don't *plan* to use any of these techniques instead of
properly deleteing files in the first place, but once the orphans are
there...

Josh