[mythtv-users] Why RAID 5 stops working in 2009

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:12:22 UTC 2008

> http://opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/docs/zfs_last.pdf

Thanks for the link. I am a little interested in their testing method
with the 3000 servers. It would be interesting to know what hardware
controllers and drives were used so I know what to avoid... Also
interesting to know if the drive knew about the error and recorded
this in smart.

To me ZFS does look interesting but the lack of native linux support
will prevent me from using this at work for the most part and at home
I am moving away from raid so that I can spin down the drives.

John