[mythtv-users] SA4250 firewire channel change suddenly stopped working

Steve Rottinger steve at rottinger.net
Thu Oct 30 19:50:36 UTC 2008

Hi Scott,

I'm have Cablevision in North Jersey (Mahwah), and ran into the same
problem. Through some hacking last night, not really understanding what I
was doing, I managed to get the channel change to work, by changing the
two cmd[1] lines to:

cmd[1] = CTL_CMD1 | ((chn << 8) & 0xffff00) | (chn & 0xff);

After this change, channel change works great again. However, I have
another problem: I can no longer record from certain channels using the
firewire interface, including some over the air channels such as
702,709,721.  It is almost as if 5C is turned on these channels.

-Steve