[mythtv-users] nvidia drivers - partial screen rotation?

Wendel, Ryan wendelr at uncw.edu
Thu Oct 30 13:35:23 UTC 2008

I know this isn't something specific to MythTV but I figured this is probably one of the best places to ask...

My screen is a little rotated when displayed on my TV. I made an image to illustrate this. You can view it at the following URL:

http://www.nothingproductive.com/public/my_screen.jpg

I am using a Geforce 5200 and have been using nvidia-settings and nvidia-xconfig (as well as the man pages) to set up my xorg.conf file. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to rotate my screen only a few degrees. I have mucked with overscan and where this sort of helps, it doesn't produce the desired effect.

Does anyone know how to rotate video output a few degrees when utilizing nvidia drivers?

-Ryan