[mythtv-users] Why is fast motion blurry

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Wed Oct 29 17:19:48 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 28 October 2008 11:12:56 pm OCG Technical Support wrote:
> I thought it might be interlacing relate, so I checked my settings
> (0.21-fixes).  It looks like I have deinterlacing turned on:
>
> Current video playback profile: High Quality
> Highres deint: Linear Blend, Linear Blend (fallblack)
> Lowres deint: Yadif 2x, and Yadif (fallback)
>
> I have an Nvidia 8500 - so it should have the power to deinterlace.
> Any ideas what to change / tweak?

Try playing with your deinterlacing settings. I personally find that kernel
deinterlacing works best for me for SD programming displayed on my NTSC TV,
but you may prefer something else, either because of personal preferences or
because of differences between our setups. I'm using something else for HD
interlaced programming, but I don't recall what it is offhand. (Yes, I watch
HD recordings on my NTSC TV. Sooner or later I'll get an HD TV, but not yet.)
Progressive HD recordings don't need deinterlacing.

--
Rod Smith