[mythtv-users] Why is fast motion blurry

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Wed Oct 29 02:53:00 UTC 2008

OCG Technical Support wrote:
> I find some shows with fast motion (eg: Hockey) are blurry...but I’m not
> sure how better to describe this.  Does anyone know what the cause is?
> (and what this is)??

If using an LCD display it's probably deinterlacing that's needed. The
mythtv wiki is out of date on this, but still a useful starting point

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Deinterlacing

There's a recent discussion here as well:

That said I have not found any of the deinterlacing methods available in
mythtv to be as good as the the one provided by my large screen LCD tv
when I use it's inbuilt tuner. For fast action sports I usually switch
to it then mythtv.

Cheers

--
The GuiGuy