[mythtv-users] Sending Myth Socket commands using Perl - lack of response

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Oct 28 22:06:35 UTC 2008

On Oct 28, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Seth Daniel wrote:

> Actually I'm not asking about either thing you mention. :-)
>
> I have the mythtv source.  I've been building it pretty much since I
> started using MythTV (in fact I *have* to build it so that I can apply
> patches that are required for my setup).
>
> When I asked, "what exactly needs to be done" I was wondering what
> changes you think need to be made to the Perl code.  Do you have any
> ideas as to what improvements can be made?  What does the code
> currently
> do that is bad?  What functionality is missing?  etc...

I would start by looking through scripts in the contrib directory that
don't use the bindings and figure out why they aren't. If it's a lack
of functionality, maybe adding the functionality to the bindings would
encourage someone to rewrite the script using the bindings. If it's
because no one cares about the script enough to convert it over to use
the bindings, move onto the next one. :)