[mythtv-users] Popcorn Hour Unit as VIdeo Output?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Oct 28 20:32:49 UTC 2008

An article in this month's Linux Journal is a review of the Popcorn Hour
A-100 Media Tank. A paperback sized box with an embedded (linux??)
control program, intended to play all sorts of video formats, and
apparently capable of doing 1080p with ease, for $200.

The corporate site is at popcornhour.com. A newer unit with better
capabilities is now available for $215.

A review is at http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/68576

This unit can stream videos, with or without an internal hard drive.

Does anyone have one of these? Could it be set up and left in a ready
state to stream videos from mythtv...in effect as a video card?

The output capabilities of this box, *if reasonably usable with mythtv*
could sidestep a lot of video problems.

Geoff