[mythtv-users] Quicker scrolling

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Tue Oct 28 16:33:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:01 AM,  <Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com> wrote:
> -----KH Chai wrote: -----
>
>>I was wondering how to set the remote control to do fast scrolling thru a
>>long list of selection, for example to scroll thru all the
>>available country in wwiTV list?  I wish I could just hold down the
>>arrow key and it goes thru the listing.  The listing that I wanted is in
>>selection "T" so I have to press the arrow each time starting from
>>"A".  I tried setting the repeat mode in ~/.lirc/mythtv to some
>>number: 1,2,3,4,5,20,30 but none of these work.  I'm using Mythbuntu
>>8.04 with Hauppauge Nova-T 500 remote control.  Any help would be
>>greatly appreciated.
>
> Are you sure that your lircd.conf is correct? I had the same problem with my
> Hauppauge HVR-4000 remote on OpenSuse 10.3 and 11.0. All buttons worked but
> navigating in MythTV was very slow and repeat did not work.
>
> Quite by chance I discovered that the system was detecting button releases
> and not button presses. After finding a correct lircd.conf on linuxtv.org I
> no longer see any difference in speed between using the keyboard or the
> remote. Repeat also works as it should.

It might even be more simple then that: The .lircrc file that
mythbuntu created for me back in 7.10 days didn't have the repeat
clauses in it (see below).
Also something to consider... my remote - like most others, I suspect
- has both an up and down arrow as well as channel up and channel
down.  You can map the channel up/down to be page up/down: to allow
for much faster scrolling:

begin
    remote = mceusb
    prog = mythtv