[mythtv-users] DCVB: Tuning Channels on correct LNB

Hans Houwaard hans at ginder.xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 28 15:15:16 UTC 2008

Hallo all,

I currently have a 4-1 diseqc switch with 2 satellites connected. I have
installed both successfully and scanned all channels on both. I only have
one DVB card, a Nova HD S2 from hauppage. I only have configured one (Bron)
source device. All channels are configured on this source.

When I watch channels on my first diseqc channel, Astra 1 18,2E, the
channels are tuned successfully. Once I try to tune a channel on the second
diseqc channel, the channel doesn't change to Astra 2 28,2E and therefor
doesn't tune successfully to for example BBC1. Only if I use the 'c' button,
the change to Astra 2 is made. For BBC1 I now can succesfully watch the
channel. Once I change channel to for example BBC2, the input in changed
back to Astra 1 and tuning fails. Once I press 'c', the change is made to
Astra 2, but also reverts back to BBC1.

Either my setup is buggy, or I made a configuration mistake. What did I do
wrong and how can I fix my settings, so I can successfully change channels
between the 2 satellites.

Hans Houwaard