[mythtv-users] Asus EEE as frontend

Reid Anderson reidsanderson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:39:44 UTC 2008

I too have an Asus EEE Box as a Frontend, but currently it is sitting
right next to the backend because I haven't been able to get the
wireless n card in it to function properly with my Apple Airport
Extreme Base Station and I don't have a network drop in the bedroom
where it will ultimately go.  When working wired, there are no
problems, it connects to the backend just fine, plays videos,
recordings, and even 720p HD from my HDHomeRun without a problem.
Although to be fair, I have only tested the HDHomeRun tuner on it
briefly.  The TV that the Eee will be connected to isn't capable of
displaying HD, so I had it connected to an LCD computer monitor at the
time.  It will be a quiet machine for the bedroom TV which will only
be used to view SD (until we decide to buy a new TV for the bedroom,
but we see no need for that for a while).  So, if anyone out there has
been able to get the wireless n card in the Asus Eee Box working
properly, I would love to know how you did it...

Hope this helps and Thanks,
     Reid Anderson