[mythtv-users] Apple TV 2.1 running MythFrontend

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Mon Oct 27 20:39:09 UTC 2008

>does anyone know how to get the remote working with the apple tv
>(using osx and not linux) ? I've been trying to find this out, but I'm
>having no luck !
>
>Is the support of the apple remote built into the mythfrontend binary
>? Should it 'just work' ? Everything is ok (using iphone as the remote
>atm with the telnet interface) - menu's, playing video etc.
>
>this is driving me nuts :(
>
>setup:
>apple tv:
>   unlocked (http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/)
>   mythtv launched from menu (http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/IScripts)
>   controlled with my iphone ( http://trac2.assembla.com/mymote/wiki )

The AppleTV has slightly different IR Codes than 10.5/10.4 and it
also depends on which AppleTV OS version is installed. If someone can
point me toward the source code where IR is handled in MythFrontEnd,
I can point out the errors. A good source of code for handling
10.5/10.4/AppleTV is

http://xbmc.org/trac/browser/branches/linuxport/XBMC/tools/EventClients/Clients/AppleRemote

There you can see, 10.5/10.4/AppleTV runtime detection and the IR
cookies to use under the various OSX versions.