[mythtv-users] OT Wall mount or other setups

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Mon Oct 27 17:22:14 UTC 2008

Raymond Wagner wrote:
> While I can only assume you're actually playing that video, you
> shouldn't be able to on that chip.  The Atom puts out about half the
> work of a Core2 per clock.  I came across a review and benchmark on
> AnandTech
> (http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=3321&p=4&cp=4) which
> found a  limit of around 4.5Mbps.  This was on Windows, and the board
> offers no hardware acceleration that Windows could take advantage of,
> but I cannot believe you could get significantly more performance in
> linux, much less double.
It also plays the same files flawlessly in M$ XP with mplayer classic.
So I don't understand what files where played
http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=3321&p=4&cp=4
Also the system is very very silent, where the test states the opposite.
It has digital-out and A DVI->HDMI cable solves another named
'connection-flaw'. I'm very pleased with my 2 systems. Also able to run
OS-X with it.