[mythtv-users] Channel grabbing question: can I grab from multiple sources?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 26 11:43:23 UTC 2008

On 10/25/2008 03:16 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 25/10/2008, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>
>>  David Watkins wrote:
>>  >> My question therefore: can I, for a given video source, grab listings
>>  >> from multiple sources?
>>  >
>>  > Yes.  At least you definitely can if you run the grabbers and
>>  > mythfilldatabase manually (ie using cron).  I'm not sure if it's
>>  > possible to configure it this way if you run mythfilldatabase
>>  > internally inside mythtv.
>>
>>  How would I go about setting this up? I'm not averse to doing some
>>  scripting. Is there any documentation on the grabber API? That is: how
>>  do I need to call the individual grabbers and make them think that it's
>>  mythfilldatabase calling them?
>>
> Run each of the grabbers manually ($grabber --help will give you the
> command line options they expect), exporting the listings data to
> multiple XMLTV files. Then run mythfilldatabase for each XMLTV file,
> ensuring you specify which sourceid to populate the data against.

Best would be to use tv_cat to concatenate the multiple files into one
that mythfilldatabase can process.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/113156#113156
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/294808#294808

As a matter of fact, if you truly want to use multiple listings
providers for a single video source, you probably will have to do so.

Mike