[mythtv-users] Difficulty with KWorld ATSC 115 after Ubuntu Upgrade

Jacob Strandlien kepesk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 16:30:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Jacob Strandlien <kepesk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a MythTV box that I recently upgraded from Xubuntu Gutsy to
> Hardy. Ever since I did that, my video input card doesn't work!
>
> I have a K-World ATSC 115 which I use with an antenna to grab
> over-the-air ATSC signals. Before I upgraded from Gutsy, I got four
> stations perfectly (100% signal) and another five okay (90-95%
> signal). Ever since the upgrade, when I try to watch TV, MythTV never
> gets to the full 100%, and never locks onto any channel. The highest
> it gets is 99% signal, and it complains either of No Lock or Partial
> Lock with (L__) or (LA_) displayed, respectively.
>
> I've tried completely removing the card from MythTV and re-adding it,
> but when I scan for channels, all of the channels I used to get come
> up with "No Tables". I've tried watching TV with MPlayer, but it
> doesn't lock on either. This suggests to me that it may be a driver
> issue and not a Myth issue.
>
> None of the logs are any help either. The the Myth backend log simply
> responds as if I didn't get an adequate signal, along with every other
> log I've checked.
>
> I don't think it's the software anyway; yesterday, I swapped out the
> card with another, and there was no change.  It must be some sort of
> driver issue related to the upgrade.

Okay, I've made a new discovery concerning this card; when I add the
DVB input to MythTV, it detects it as 'Air2PC v2'.  No matter what I
try (re-installing the card, re-adding it to MythTV, re-installing the
driver), it refuses to detect it as a KWorld card.  Has anyone ever
seen an instance of MythTV misidentifying a card like this?

Thanks in advance!