[mythtv-users] I can't make any progress in getting Mythtv to work

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 16:20:42 UTC 2008

> On Ubuntu I usually just install the mythbuntu-desktop package. This will
> install everything you need. As others have stated you can then go into
> mythbuntu control center from your system settings menu and setup additional
> stuff like remotes, plugins, etc.
>
> __

There is an install guide for mythbuntu.
http://www.mythbuntu.org/installation_manual
<http://www.mythbuntu.org/installation_manual>You
should print it out and go through it page by page when you install the
program.  Have the manual physically in front of you and turn the pages as
you go.  It is not obvious how to install it if you have never done it
before.  The manual is a great help.

Allen