[mythtv-users] I want to retire a storage group and move the files to my primary storage group

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 24 21:34:08 UTC 2008

On 10/24/2008 05:27 PM, Adam Felson wrote:
> I just upgraded my backend to have a much larger recordings partition
> (/mnt/store) and want to move the files that I have in a second storage group
> on a networked file server to the first storage group.

Remember that a storage group is simply a logical name that's applied to
a list of directories.  Are you really trying to move recordings from
one storage group (i.e. from the "Default" storage group) to another
(i.e. to the "For some crazy reason, I felt I needed to create a
different storage group for my new directory rather than add the
directory to the existing storage group or edit the old directory name
to become the new directory name" group?

> I think the easiest way will be to find the database table containing filename
> or storage group, update it, and mv the files manually.

There's nothing to update in the database as long as the files are
accessible from the host that recorded them.  Just ensure that the new
directory location is defined in any storage group and move the files
from the command line or whatever and Myth will use them.

The above statement applies whether you're just moving the files from
one directory in a storage group to another directory in the same
storage group or actually moving files from a directory in one storage
group to a directory in a different storage group.

> I hopped onto mysql, did a show tables, but couldn't find where the filename
> is stored.  The recordedprograms table?  programs?
>
> Could somebody give me a pointer to where I can find the filename data to
> modify?

No need.

Mike